Weekend away

This time next week I'll be in the airport, boarding my flight to Amsterdam, so the husband and I can begin our European honeymoon adventure.
I expect to gain at least 5kgs from all the amazing food, beer and wine I'll be indulging in over the two weeks that we're travelling from country to country.

And speaking of indulgences, tomorrow morning I'll be heading to Haute Cabriere in Franschoek for a sumptuous breakfast followed by a cellar tour. http://www.cabriere.co.za/
I've been a fan of their Chardonnay Pinot Noir blend for years, but have never visited the farm before, so expect a post on this soon.

Franschoek is going to be buzzing this weekend with the Uncorked festivities, so if you haven't made any plans yet, head out that way for some gourmet food and wine tasting. For more info, click here
or check out the website: http://www.franschhoekuncorked.co.za/

I won't be hanging out in Franschoek though (sadly), but will be heading further up country (about 2 to 2 and a half hours drive from Cape Town) to the town of Swellendam for a bit of garagiste wine tasting, a five-course meal inspired by pomegranates and a luxurious stay over in a heritage-site boutique hotel run by an old work colleague.
Also expect a post on this soon...

Have a good weekend all, and as usual, I think the first day of 'Spring' will be rainy and cold, so stay warm (with the help of many glasses of wine)!


Comments