Gluten-free cupcakes with 'Zoo-biscuit' icing

  -->

I tried out a new gluten-free cake mix that was sent to my office the other day, and it was superb, better than the cake flour I normally use.
It is available from selected Fruit & Veg City or Dischem health pharmacies.

It's super easy, all you do is whisk together 3 (room-temperature) extra-large eggs together, add in cake mix and ½ cup or water and ½ cup of canola oil.

Pour into cupcake trays – it makes 18 large cupcakes. One tray of cupcakes bakes for about 25 to 30 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius, until slightly golden and the sponge springs back when lightly touched.

'Zoo-biscuit' icing:

Named so, because when I passed these cupcakes around to my colleagues, they decided the icing tasted exactly like zoo-biscuits do. A total coincidence I tell you...

So here goes:
100g of butter, softened
50ml of milk
a teaspoon of rose essence
a teaspoon of rose food colouring
seeds from one large vanilla pod
400g of icing

Mix all the ingredients together and add icing sugar bit by bit, until desired icing texture is reached.

Hmmmm delish!


Comments