City Bowl Market revisited






Every now and then I do an update of one of the Cape Town-surrounding markets, because often they change, get new vendors and so on, and the last time I wrote about the City Bowl Market (www.citybowlmarket.co.za) was very shortly after it opened.

The great thing about this market for autumn/winter is that it is indoors, so it offers shelter from the impending rainy weather. It also offers some activities for kids such as mosaic art
– I thought this was important to add since quite a few of my friends have become parents.

It's also not all food – there is a fashion wing so-to-speak, and when I went the other day, there was an awesome fashion sale, from gorgeous vintage items to Cape Town-designed jewellery and clothing. I bought a shirt for my fiance from a designer called Kinky Chinkie. He comes up with amazing quirky characters and doodles. Check him out: www.kinkychinkiecreations.com

Some of my highlights food wise were: the Dim Sum guys from South China Dim Dum Bar... (read my post on them here ); Vegetarian spicy aubergine and tomato treats from Oded's Kitchen, the gluten-free pizza; the coffee bar on the 'stage' with Bean There's fair trade coffee; the Darling Brew artisanal beer on tap; Dr Juice's beetroot jucie; the bacon guy – better known as the man behind 'Cure Charcuterie'; and, of course, all the regular pesto/biltong/cheese vendors.

The market is open every Saturday from 9am - 2pm, but don't expect there to be loads of goodies if you arrive at pm, because most vendors will be sold out.

14 Hope Street

Comments