A grand daddy of a lunch

If you are looking for an awesome spot for lunch in town, try the Grand Daddy restaurant in Long Street. They have recently redecorated the venue and have a great lunch menu.

Go on Mondays for the Meatless Monday special – this week they had a butternut and ricotta ravioli with pine nuts and red pesto (R40).

I opted for the ostrich burger (R60), which was recommended by the waiter. It’s quite a large portion for a lady (and I’m a girl who can eat), so come hungry! The patty was tender and I opted for the creamy peppercorn sauce, which to be honest I could have had more of as I didn't ask for tomato sauce or any other condiments.

The crowd consisted of couples and business lunches. It’s not too noisy thank heavens and the service was fair. They also have wraps, salads, open sandwiches, and then hearty food such as steaks, pork belly, line fish and so on.

Comments