Saturday adventures in Kalk Bay and Scarborough

What an awesome weekend it was, with fabulous hot weather, live music, shopping, braais and good friends.

I spent most of Saturday morning strolling the streets of Kalk Bay, popping into galleries, hunting through antique shops and stopping occasionally for a good cup of coffee. I found this awesome little spot where the service was friendly, the coffee steaming and the treats way too tempting for me to hold back on.

They make awesome freshly baked breads and pastries (chocolate croissant yum yum) and fabulous latte’s.

I was walking along the main drag, looking for a place where I could sit by myself, admire the ocean and passersby while sipping on some caffeine induced drink and not feel bothered by the fact that I was alone.

Tribeca was just that spot.

I walked in and immediately a waitress found me and offered me a seat somewhere in the bustling shop.

I sat down next to an elderly cyclist who promptly smiled and said ‘the coffee is really good here’ and offered me the Cape Argus.

Kalk Bay has such a nice friendly vibe. I will definitely visit this spot again next time I’m out that side.

After a busy morning, my partner and I went through to the Cape Farm house in Scarborough for a spot of lunch and an afternoon of live music with friends.(Check the web for upcoming shows: www.capefarmhouse.co.za)

It was so hot, I had to sit as still as possible to avoid sweating and drink an icy Windhoek… and then another one… before I got into the socializing mood.

The band – The Blues Broers – came on at 4pm with a rocking performance joined by guest artist Robin Auld for a couple of tracks. (Keep an eye on the Blues Broers facebook page to see where they are playing next: www.facebook.com/thebluesbroers.)

I also tried a locally made beer, which a guy by the name of Jack (I think) had brought along. He is apparently well known is Scarborough (who isn’t?) and his small brewery is as green as they come. He can also be found at the weekly market selling organic veggies. His beer – the Indian Pale Ale (IPA) was delicious!!! I hope to track him down again and buy some more for home.

Comments