decisions, decisions

It’s 8am, and I’m in the office, alone. Generally I’m always one of the first of my colleagues to get in, and sometime the last to leave. Such is the life of a young up-and-hopefully-coming individual living in the Mother City. As much as I love my job, I know there is more to life than typing away on my keyboard 24/7. And if you’re a creative person like me, it’s important to do things that inspire fresh ideas and help you de-stress… As a 20-something-year-old (it’s just plain rude to ask how old a woman really is), who earns more than R8000 per month (once again, it’s rude to ask how much exactly and not wise for me to necessarily tell a world wide web of blog-readers) – I’ve been placed into the situation where a number of different companies have offered me their financial products. What I mean is, I’ve been approached by men in black suits, bored women in call-centers, or simply just mailed random letters asking me, do I want to join this, get this card, become a part of the blah blah blah… The truth it’s pretty scary, and one of my friends got herself into quite a bit of debt. So I’m very wary about these amazing, but powerful little plastic cards that slip-oh-so-easily into our wallets – and get swiped as easily. Plus the basics offered are just not enough anymore; I believe a company needs to offer me more than just the expected. So, if you are reading this, I came across something extra special I want to share with you. There is a card that exists, that I can call mine, literally: MyCard. And not only does it offer all kinds of cash-backs on purchases (and I’ll be honest, I know how to purchase!), but it offers all kinds of additional support reacted to medical costs such as cancer, disability, emergency situations, road-side accidents, disability and more. On my way in to work this morning I saw somebody on the side of the road using jump-leads to try get his car started, well, what if that happens to me, and a friendly neighbour isn’t near by? Or I get a flat tyre in the middle of some dodgy area? With MyCard I receive assistance during a roadside emergency, which even classifies locking my keys in the car. I can also receive discounted doctors bills, which is great news for someone like me who just two weeks ago paid R700 for a consultation and antibiotics for some throat infection. So, if you’re like me, and interested in finding out more, I suggest you visit you’re nearest Standard bank branch ask about MyCard.

Comments