KKNK 2009




My KKNK adventures

Ok I know this is waaaaaay over due…
But April was a very busy month for me!
With all those public holidays there was a lot of pressure at work – but that’s boring. Lets rather talk about my virgin KKNK experience. For those of you who don’t know, the Klein Karoo Nasionale Kunsteling Fees (KKNK) is very similar to the Grahamstown Arts Festival. Yes my Afrikaans spelling is probably quite off.
The difference is that it’s a bit smaller and focused more on Afrikaans music and productions.
And it’s in the Karoo... where quite frankly, besides ‘Ronnies Sex Shop’, there isn’t much else!
Ooh wait – lots of biltong and brandy & coke!
I watched a number of bands including Fokofpolisiekar (energetic), aKing (put me to sleep with their performance), bed on Bricks (rocking), and some other Afrikaans bands I had never heard of such as Willim Welsyn en die Sunrise Toffies who were all great in their own right.
Check out the pictures!
Overall though i have to admit the best time i had was atthe Oudtshooren zoo.. there were white bengal tigers, cheetahs, white lions, crocodiles etc.. so many animals! spent a number of hours there!
Picture 1: the zoo entrance
Picture 2: (from L-R)
Justin Kruger from Van Coke Kartel, Tim Rankin from Bed on Bricks, Willem Welsyn from Willim Welsyn en die Sunrise Toffies
Picture 3: Ronnies sex shop
Picture credit: Amy Hopkins

Comments