AAAAAAAND IM BACK

Aaaaaaaand it's 2009... well my first entry of 2009.
I have to admit I have been a lazy @£$%! This is mostly due to change in job, moving flat, quitting smoking (ok, ok.. I'm just throwing this in their because i am proud of myself) and starting a new relationship... all the things a 20-something goes through at least once a year living in Cape Town :)
Firstly, I have given my blog a new look, as it needed a touch of 'fabulopus' (dont ask – its the word of the week between my friends and I- thanks von von).
So what's been happening?
well... I have been to a number of music festivals so far. Two really worth mentioning were 'Up the Creek' and just last weekend i went to RAMFEST (a cool rock festival with an additional metal stage and – my favourite – pasty, red-faced metal heads with too much dark make-up, looking ill and sweating their man boobs off in their black leather and spandex outfits.)
The music was great, and the shade was sought after! we left at 3:30pm on the Sunday and it was 42 degrees celcius... speaking of which this heat wave has been killing me!!!!
yesterday reached a high of 45 degrees Celcius in Cape Town CBD
It has been the hottest week this year! Cape Townians are used to usually getting a late summer in February, but these raging temperautes in March beg the question "Isn't supposed to be Autumn now?"
I cannot think of another time i've actually wanted to feel the SOUTH EASTER blowing up my dress...

Comments

Unknown said…
fabulopus....think we need to reserve copyright on that word ms hotkins - rotalties should have us living la dolce vita on a yacht in no time!!!!